Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blogging

I am unsure about my post as of late. I feel like I am forcing this blog and that makes for 1. bad post 2. boring post. So while I am not going to stop, I am only going to write when I have something to write about. So expect a post every couple of days hopefuly something "unboring" .
So since I am already here I thought I would discuss the Ragnar Relay This as a few of you know is a 187 mile relay with a team of 12 people. I am quite excited about this. We have a team of all Firefighters so it my get weird. I am obvisously a lover of punishment because I have taken on the role of team captain. This means 1 no sleep I have to be with all groups 2 running one of the longer legs. I am not complaining I am actually very excited. I also found out some even better news I have been given the honor of pacing at Western States 100. Now this is one of my dream runs and I plan on racing it myself hopefully in a few years. But to pace wow. Actually I am pacing 2 people my Badwater Friend and her main man. Now her "main man" this guy is a veteran of over 40 100+ races and a finisher of western states 15 times. So hopefully I can keep up. Not much else going on. The kids look in a good loot for halloween and I ahve already gone through it and taken out my faves luckily my faves don't really interfere with theirs.

Be safe everyone

me

Daily Quote
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack
Demetri Martin

No comments: