Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Friday, October 31, 2008

Already back in the game

Happy Halloween Everyone


I have been told by quite a few that after a Marathon to take a week or more off. Me and my usual do what I want self did not. I ran a nice fast 4.5 yesterday and I have to say it was great. I also have to admit that I am a bit sore today and the shins are acting up a bit. But we will see what tomorrows run brings. I actually came very close to signing up for the Disneyworld marathon but cooler heads prevailed. Actually my wife reminded me that I have the ragnar relay in feb and PF Changs the week after. it is not a running thing for those but more of a time off and travel thing. So maybe Disneyworld next year.

I also have some good news and some bad news, the bad news first Yesterday was my older sone last High School football game and tomorrow is my younger sons last Pop Warner game so no more football until next year. And for the Good news Yeaserday was my older sons alst high school football game and tomorrow is my younger sons last Pop Warner game. I do love them playing but to the parents who don't know Football is truly all consuming for Pop warner alone for the first month they practice every day starting at 6 so they get home from schoolget a snack and before you know it is time for football. In the High school ranks they practice after school and get done around 6:15 so we have to to drop off one and rush al the way back to pick up the other only to rush back to pick up again. Now game nights are a whole different animal. Like I said all consuming not only for the kids but also for the parents. I will tell you the first time you see your kid sack the quarterback it is all worth it actually it is even better if you see him sack the quarteback 6 times in 1 game breaking a school record it is even better. or if you see you son playing pop warner and see him recover a fumble and score a touchdown it is truly worth the effort. So like I said it is over now we concentrate even more on school work bring those b's up to a's and get ready to apply for and visit colleges over the summer I have my work cut out for me. But it is not over track is starting very soon and I have this very fast daughter so here we go again.


be safe Trick and or treating


Daily Quote

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

No comments: