Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Monday, October 27, 2008

Titles




We all have them, They can be our occupation, our hobby, anyone of a hundred things. I have 3 that I am most proud. First father. Raising my children is easily the most important thing I will ever do during my short time here so I will do it to the best of my ability more blood sweat and tears will go into that than anything I do. The second only a few will understand or a few and proud. It is my title of U.S. Marine, some would now say former Marine but nonetheless once a Marine always a Marine. My Last definetly deserves a place in the top three, it is also the newest I am a Marathoner. I completed my first Marathon specifically the Marine Corps Marathon on Sun Oct 26th in time of 5 hrs 4 min. Being my first I am not concerned about the time only that I finished. Expect a small race report very soon so until then I need some motrin.



Quote:
When you cross that finsh line no matter how slow no matter how fast, it will change your life forever
Dick Beardsley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Father, Marine, marathoner. sounds like someone I know....

What makes me great said...

It does dosn't it. Next year we will have to get lunch afterword. Talk about fathering. Marine stuff and how long it takes to walk normal again
Be safe
Rob