Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Last long day


My last long day before the Marine Corps Marathon I will still be running a bit but only 3 or 5 miles at a time. No real report needed for that. Today was only ten miles, ha listen to me "only ten miles" I have forgetten where I came from. There was a time not to long ago that ten miles was not possible. I asked people the same questions I am asked now, "why" and the standard jokes about how they will come with me in a car and how they don't even like driving that far, Which inevitable tunrs into I should start getting into shape as they shove popcorn into there holes. I know becuase like I said I was one of them a naysayer. I could not imagine going back to that life style. I will make anyone who reads this a promise try it and I guarantee if you are serious you will change. Enter a race a 5k, 10k, any distance and you will love it. You will change you wil become a runner and you will love it. People will ask you the questions you will just smile and shrug. Knowing they will never understand until they find it.



be safe out there


me

No comments: