Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Monday, November 24, 2008

Direct TV


I switched from cable to Direct TV. First this requires patience second this requires tolerance of stupidity I have neither of those qualities so it was a long day. let me start at the beginning. I called up Direct TV to see about saving some money. It is cheaper than cable. I talked to a woman who I advised her I wanted to switch but I needed to have the network channels, she advised me they could not do it without sending a waiver. OK no thank you I said and everyone was happy. 2 days later I get a call from of course Direct TV asking me if I was still interested, I said I was but I want all the network channels with no waiver if they could not do that don't bother. So she said they could no problems I am sure she was getting sick of me because I kept asking "are you sure I get all the network channels" she said for the umpteenth time yes. SO ok come and install it. A few days later the tech shows up with out all the equipment I advised him I am supposed to have all this stuff HD, DVR etc. he says it not on his work order and makes a few phone calls they agree to go ahead and put it in ( I should have seen the problems coming right then) So about 4 hours later he has installed a huge CD dish and put in all the receivers. gets everything in line turns it on and nothing just a message saying programming needed. He asks me if I had asked for any programming, I informed him of what was requested ( I should say I picked there best and most expensive package) well they have no record of this, I am also told that they cannot give me the network channels as promised and there is nothing there that says it so I can have CBS and NBC and that is it. I think about it a bit argue with the lady and they finally submit to 2 years of NFL season pass so I say OK and agree they submit the waivers and we move on. As we are checking out the channels I tell her several times NBC HD is not working she says it may an hour or so. So yup you guessed it I waited a few days and called I was informed they have to submit a waiver for that channel. I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor was put on hold and then told no supervisors would pick up and to leave my number that they would call me back. No call back in 2 days. So needless to say I am pissed. I am stuck with this contract for 2 years and get nothing but lies. I will update you as this goes on.


If I can't get back on here I want to wish everyone the Happiest of Thanksgivings


Be safe


Stupid Obama Quote:

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

No comments: