Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another half another PR


Yesterday was the Run for hunger Half Marathon, it wa sput on by a local church and I have to say was actually very well done. Only about 150 peole showed up but that was ok. It was about 60 degrees when we started and around 70 when we finished. We started the race off raod which I did not like it was a very unimproved road. At about mile 4 a lady ran up to me and just started running with me which was ok we just ran together no need to talk or converse in any way just an unspoken thing to keep up and stay together I even shared a Gu with her well not sheared I gave her a Gu A roctane to be exact. We stayed together for about 4 miles until we hit the hills where she said goodbye as she could not keep up it was a pretty good grade but I love hills so I took off. At the end I new I ahd a PR coming and I was happy but all of a sudden I saw a small cone (this was how they were marking miles) I new I had not seen one for mile 12 this meant I was actually way off and woud not get my new record but alas it was an arrow to turn I had it 1 hour 55 minutes and some change. (I am unclear of the exact time it has not been posted) I am using the stopwatch on my IPOD. So needless to say I was happy Under 2 on a half was onr time thought to be impossible now I have done it. I geuss all that marathon training really does help. next we shoot for a 1 45 half and the under 4 on the full. As i said I was quite suprised that this run was ran as well as it was being put on by a small church in my small town. Now as for this church I do not attend the reason are quite simple I do beleive pastors of a church should get paid but they do not need to drive His and her mercedes and live in a gated community, also the billboards for the church really should not have to huge pics of the Husband and wife pastor team. But hey I was there run and get a PR which I did. I do have to admit it was nice to just go home after a race instead of a Hotel.
ok that is it for now
be safe
Todays stupid Obama Quote
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

No comments: