Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Monday, May 17, 2010

This ain't so great


As none of you may know I recently turned 40, A milestone by all rights but for me it really was not such a big deal. I will say in my younger days 40 was old. I can only imagine what my kids think as I am sure in there eyes 40 is old. Well let me tell you about some of my 40th years plans. We will be conceiving a baby this year (yes I know making them is half the fun but I'm 40 and I have to work tomorrow so let me sleep) I will be running at least 2 Marathons and at least one run and further then 26.2 miles. I will be cleaning the garage. I have already hired people to mow the grass so that is out. Although we do have a very nice garden. So yeah maybe not a whole lot. Less then some of you But more than most people. A few things I have noticed in this short time of being forty and granted maybe most of this is in my head but it seems harder and harder to lose any kind of weight, Running calls in the middle of the night it seems harder to get up. Beer taste much better, but the after effects of two many seem to last much longer. And after gym time or extended runs the "soreness" last much much longer. As I keep hearing from those older (they are getting fewer and fewer by the way) it just gets worse, CRAP!! Oh speaking of that (crap I mean) all is well in both quantity and quality so at least I have that.....


Until next time


be safe



me

No comments: