Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I have seen the light, Maybe







Yes folks I have made a transformation, I think I have seen the light and I have changed. I switched to Brooks, Glycerin 8 to be specific, I have 2 runs on the shoes and I have to says without a doubt they are OK. Yup that is about it. After many years of Asics Nimbus of varying numbers. Now for those of you who run know this is kind of a big deal, But I kept getting this fot numbness that I could not explain and switching shoes was the only option left without going to the Dr. But it still may come to that, After my 4.5 today it came back although not near as bad. So I guess time will tell. Official Training for the Official training plan began today for Chicago and Marine Corps Marathons today, for those interested I am using the Furman institute of running FIRST program. It is pretty intense. That is why I need to train to be ready to train, but I am determined to break the 4 hour 30 min mark this year.

So until something happens you all be safe


me

No comments: