Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Monday, September 17, 2007

Quotes

I think this sums it up for alot of us

Bravo Kristin Armstong


I don't train because I want to be able to do things (run a faster 5K, beat my marathon PR, make someone eat my dust on a trail...though those things aren't bad....). I train because I want to be someone better than I would be if I didn't train. If someone I love is faltering, I want to be the kind of woman who can haul some ass; I want to be first on the scene. I want to be strong enough to carry some of his/her burden along with my own. I want to have a clear head and a clear heart, so if I am asked for advice I can offer wisdom instead of mere opinion. If my big opportunity arises to serve, I want to be ready. If it takes more out of me than I anticipated, I want to know something about endurance. If the terrain suddenly changes, I want to be steady. If someone I love looks at me with eyes full of fear, terrified that they won't be able to finish whatever happens to lie ahead of them, I want to look at them, wordless, with unblinking eyes that assure them that there is no way that they won't.

That, right there, is why I run. In case you were wondering.

Why do you run?- Kristin Armstong

No comments: