Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Friday, September 7, 2007

I stole this

I found this on the www.rnrmarathon.com site and it deserved to be republished here. There is something in this list to motivate everyone.

“I run because this marathon strengthens my goals and stretches my dreams.”
Troy West, 10 Year Runner

“I run because, in the words of Twisted Sister, I WANNA ROCK!”
Marne Peterson

“I run because when I do things I didn’t think I could, I feel unique, beautiful and strong.”
Ashley Shoemaker

“I run because it’s an unexplainable high...like nourishment for my soul.”
Bobbi Sovacki

“I run so my goals in life will continue to get bigger instead of my belly.”
Bill Kirby

“I’m running to raise funds for cancer research and because you can do anything you put your mind, body and spirit to.”
Angelia Craft

“I run to remind myself that I can accomplish any goal, as long as I take it one step at a time.”
Curtis Jackson

“I run because of the awesome bands along 26 miles that will keep my toes tapping instead of my feet dragging.”
Noreen Rodriguez

“I run because in times of upheaval, it is a constant in my life.”
Melissa Matthews

“After mile marker 20, it all comes from within the heart of a runner.”
Mary Fenton

“I run because the mind is more powerful than the body.”
Veronica D. Chinn

“Time stops and the moment is forever captured within yourself when you cross that finish line.”
Amanda Gaudet

Be careful out there

I am omitting the daily motvation on this post. I figure there is enough motivation already

No comments: