Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Im back


Disneyland was fun, this race always is. Running through the parks and through Angel stadium is prett cool. As for the race we got there at 5:15 am, they wanted us there at 4:30 but that was not going to happen. Parking for this race sucks, the only real place to park is the Disney parking srtucture and they charge you the average Disney daily rate of 11 dollars so keep that in mind. If you get a hotle close enough you can walk otherwise parking is non existent. It was unseasonably hot in Anaheim 80 degrees at the start 6 am and into the mid 90s by the time we finished. We got to the staging area visited the Porta johns for the pre race deposit and I will report everything came out smooth. We got into what we thought was our corral only to find we we were not only in the wrong spot we were way in the wrong spot as in the very last group to start. No I have no problems with walkers on these races, I am glad to see anyone doing any thing to acheive fitness but people please get to one side. I came up onto countless groups of walkers who would group together start talking and take up and entire path. I am glad to see you there but please be aware there are people who like to run. Now This is a fun race course, it goes through Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney. You also get to run on the Angels baseball field and see yourself on the big screen pretty cool. In the end I did not get the time but I did beat last years time so that is something.


Next is the Police and Fire games half in Mesa AZ

the PF Changs Marathon in Jan, So the training post will continue I plan on being back on the road tomorrow so the beating will continue.


be careful Out there


me


Daily Motivation: You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming." - Frank Shorter

No comments: