Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It has come to this


In all runners lives there comes the time when you just go to hard, to far, or to fast. Well I did it and now I am hurt and no running for at least a week but more than likely 2. I thought at first I had just run of the mill shin splints. As it turns out I have Achilles Tendinitis. To much to soon and to much hill and stair/bleachers work. So here I sit. The pain actually started just before Disney but I figured screw it. ( if I knew then I would get his I still would have run it) So it seems that I may sit out the Police and Fire Games Half marathon as it is in 2 weeks I will have no training time. I am OK with it though, the Marathon is the important race and I would rather sit here for a bit to insure I can do that. I will heal I and I will keep you both up to date. On a good note My son is starting tomorrow against his old school his thoughts on that are "hopefully I came make someone bleed" so apparently there is no love lost between him and his old coach. That story is pretty interesting, Long story short he informed the coach he could not attend Football Camp because he had a commitment (that commitment was crewing for a friend at Badwater) and he said "what about your commitment to this team" which really pissed my son off. I have to say it pissed me off to. You see we are a football family and we live in the desert he was out pretty much all summer twice twice a day at football practice and he questioned his loyalty. Now that was at a private school. He soon decided he wanted to go back to the public school. He claimed the educational opportunities are better he is in accelerated everything except world history which is AP . But I believe the old coach was the last straw. But he is happy.


OK that is it for today I will keep you up to date on the healing and on the first runs when they happen.


be careful out there


Me


Daily Motivation- Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible." - Doug Larson

No comments: