Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Friday, June 4, 2010

Up on my soap box And some running news



Deadliest Catch My tirade today will focus on this stupid show. Do I watch it? Not anymore so before you ask, there you go. First let me tell you why, then I will go each of the so called leaders one by one and enlighten you all on why they are idiots. So here we go.....

I for the life of me cannot understand why people decide to take the worst of our society and make then hero's. Now lets be honest all they worship on this show are the uneducated morons of the world who happen to do a job that is a bit dangerous. They are by there own admission, Chain smokers, Alcoholics, and users of sensory enhancing drugs. I also do not believe for a second that they actually stay awake for 3 days at that pace with only the use of coffee and red bull. I guarantee there are other substances on those boats. But we as Americans just love this group of idiots and keep tuning in. Now onto each one

I will place then from best to worse in my opinion.


The Wizard: Capt Keith
Now this guy is obviously an idiot, with his superstitious bullshit, I really do not understand how he gets anything accomplished. But he truly is the least of all these idiots

The Kodiak: Capt. Bill Wichrowski
This guy I guess is new to the show so I don't really have anything to say about him other than the fact that he seems stupid.

Cornelia Marie: Capt Phil Harris
Now not to speak ill of the dead, I will say he would not be dead if the idiot would have quit smoking and at least attempted some sort of a healthy lifestyle, Now there or those idiots that will say stupid things like he died doing what he loved. Well my answer to them is he died. He could still be alive doing what he love with a few simple changes. But will say say he seemed the most fair and actually seemed to care about his crew even those not his sons. I however would hope my sons would want better for themselves instead of ending up on a crab boat spending the off season trying to get laid by harping on a somewhat dangerous job.

Time Bandit: Capts. Jonathan/Andy Hillstrand
Now these are some true white trash morons, I cannot begin to explain How stupid I feel they are. Then they bring there son/nephew on the boat just to ruin his life. I get really pissed off when he talks about how much he misses his kid. If that were the case work one season get money for college get an education and get a real job.

The Northwestern Capt Sig Hansen
OK this guy only cares about money and he would sacrifice every single person on that boat for and additional seven dollars. Everyone is just supposed to suck it up except for him. I cannot tell who the bigger idiots are the capt or the crew for not throwing his stupid ass overboard. The one a truly cant stand is the new kid I am positive if he was told to go into the Captains area and suck his dick the only thing that would slow him down would be the application of Chapstick/.

Now I realize that people like seafood and this is a necessary job and I am actually glad they do it, that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about that how we as a people idolize idiots because they are on TV, all of them are advertisements on what we should not do. From the chain smoking extremely unhealthy lifestyles. It is all insane to me.

Off my soap box

On to running news. my wife took a chance yesterday and bought me a new pair of running shoes and I first must tell you they are the ugliest shoes I have ever seen Bright yellow on white and black. You can see me coming now as for the other stuff They are Underarmorand were bought at an extremely reduced rate. You are wondering why I even mention, well from the first second I put them on I was in love, they are perfect, A wonderful high arch, large front with toe room, Insoles mirrored ASICSwith the exception of the High arch. Just perfect. I actually cannot wait to go for a run tomorrow. As for the new Brooks well I am still happy with them but I don't know about there future, tomorrow will be the big test. Got in a awesome five miles yesterday with my son. We ran to the gym then my wife meets us there for a workout, I love those days. By the way I am trying to find one more Marathon this year maybe around Aug. if anyone has any ideas let me know.

OK all that will cover it for today

everyone be safe

me

No comments: