Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Running in the wind


Let me just come right out and say I hate running in the wind. I mean I really hate it, I will run in 120 degree days or thirty degree days, I will run in rain, on rocks, in sand or whatever else they throw at me, except wind. I I see it blowing on my way home from work I am immediately pissed cussing about it, denying its validity as something that is remotely important or if it serves any purpose at all. Every time the wind blows I am positive it is blowing with the sole purpose to piss me off and ruin my run. It is truly one of the only things that Will keep me in. Now I am not talking about breezes but real wind I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT. OK now I have that off my chest, Yesterdays run sucked giant ass, First the Under armor shoes from my last post sucked. They will be great for walking around and mowing the grass but for running well not for me. Lots of unnecessary pain so into the reject pile they go. Brooks are still the one for me. It was only a 4 mile run with hills and a bit of speed work, but the stupid wind made the whole thing just shitty from the start. The heat is really kicking in and that did not make for the best of days either since I thought I am only going a few miles who needs a camel pack. Well as it turns out I did so that made it suck even worse. But in the end I finished it it was happy when it was done and had no desire to go farther.

It really is time to start putting out some serious distance so I am planning on at least 8 or 10 in the next few days.
On a home note My son got a new job, he found out the gym will not be reopening which pissed him off because he was able to work out at work but he still makes it to Snap everyday so he is happy. he will be busing tables at a local restaurant and will actually be making more money, so it all works out. he has been advised that it better not interfere with his college grades. But I am just happy to not have to pay for his dates.

Nothing else to report a slow day at work actually three days at work as I am beginning another 72.... oh the life of a firefighter


be safe all


me
A little humor for you
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

No comments: