Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Stupid Crapple




So good news and bad news. Seven miles yesterday, The run pretty much sucked at the start. You know how it is just as soon as you start the legs feel heavy nothing is quite working right and you know this will not be fun. It all started with the stupid camel pack leaking, which means pretty much the whole way my back is getting soaked and I keep feeling drips on my legs. It was really pissing me off. I believe I found the leak but I promise if it was not 105 degrees the camel pack would have gone in the trash that day. One good thing happened I found my nike/ipod thing. Now for those of you who do not know what these are, it is a pedometer that goes with your Ipod, it will tell you your pace how far you have gone how much you have and your time. You can then go to the Nike website and download all your info look at you run see where you slowed down sped up and so on it will keep all your miles logged pretty cool thing. The downfall is it a apple. and you have to use a Ipod Nano with it. So as I was saying I found my Ipod thing, it was the little thing that goes onto your shoe (Nike makes some special shoes for them but you don't have to use them) Well I kept it between my laces and it fell out. I searched that area three or four times never found it, then yesterday I saw something orange on the ground and found it I could not believe and guess what it still works WOW!. So now I have 2. Now I am finishing up this run wet back and sticky legs from the stupid camel pack still leaking and my stupid Ipod freezes which means a few things first half a mile left I'm wasted pissed and now no music plus no record of my run (I love to look at them) Then when resetting it I lost all my music ( luckily I had it all backed up) well it basically it turned a shitty run into an even shittier end. I am still happy I did it though. Tomorrow we will only go 5 and some 30/30s I have to get 2 boys into for sports physicals, get pads issued for one and get the other one to a meeting which ends at 7 but I need to pick up the other one from practice at 6:30. Oh well this is parenthood it will all work out..... I hope


Good running people

Daily quote

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible." - Doug Larson

No comments: