Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Friday, July 27, 2007

On the road again


Ok, Finally got in some miles yesterday, only 4 but it beats the shit out of nothing. I did not mention before the up coming events. In Sept in have the Disneyland Half Marathon. I ran this last year and had alot of fun great course through the parks and into Anaheim even on the the field and the Angels ballpark. Next is the Western States Police and Fire Games Half Marathon in Oct. We then take a break for a few months to prepare for PF Changs Jan. So That should be interesting. Then June of 08 the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon. So it will be busy for a while, But a good busy. Tomorrow I will head out again more prep but I love doing it.


The family is all back together. My wife and son returned from badwater crewing for a freind and said they loved it. I plan on going next year to crew and pace. Just to be part of such an event is really an honor. The boys start football next week so tomorrow I have go by my youngest his cleats and a few other odds and ends. I do worry about both boys playing in the heat but they will be ok.

Ok more tomorrow. be safe out there


Daily quote:

It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse." - Ann Trason

No comments: