Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Well, it's December


Another year has almost gone by and I am pleased. But we must realize there is a month left and many things can happen in a month. So lets not start celebrating yet.


Thanksgiving at the house was uneventful all of the traditional holidays fares were introduced and yours truly thoroughly stuffed himself. The friends who showed were truly that and the conversation flowed easily. My in laws were uncharacteristically quiet friendly. In otherwords no snide little comments about anything. So the day overall was great. I had to work on Friday so the Christmas lights did not go up until Saturday which kind of upset me because I like to be the first on the block to get them up and I was beaten by 2 of my neighbors however 1 one them had them up on Wednesday so I kind of consider that cheating so I did not count them. As for running my knee feels great and I will be back on the road tomorrow. 2 more bigs coming up and I still have to decide on San Diego. So be safe all I will update as things happen that is if anything happens.




Me


Daily knowledge

"Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise." - Anon

No comments: