Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Monday, October 8, 2007

Oh ya it's on


I am truly getting back to form. A great 5 five miles this morn in under 50 minutes as well. Legs felt great breathing was great weather was great. I wisdh they all could be like that. I think we go for 10 On Tues.

So the Chicago marathon had to be stopped. Appearantly it was 87 degrees and with the humidity it felt like 90. You bunch of weiners welcome to my world. In the sumer time I have to get out before 6 am so I can be back before it reaches 115. Some days I can't get out that early so guess what I suck it up and run when it is 115. Just so you know that is 115 in at least 40 to 50% humidity so don't try to play the humidity card with me. I guess you just have to get used to it and as Nike keeps saying "Just do it"


be careful out there


me


Daily Motivation: "Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any"
-Anthony Bailey

No comments: