Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sorry everyone, just busy

Between medic school, family life and work I just have nit had time to keep up and this blog has suffered for it. So here we are with an update. Let us begin shal we....

Si first Paramedic school. This is easily the hardest class I have ever taken. I have 35 drugs I have to memorize everything about. The sad part is aolt of them I cannot use in this county, but the state requires that we know them which makes them testable. In the past few weeks we have learned every sytem of the human body, and by learn I mean everything about each and every system, how it does what it does, why it does what it does, and how those things effect other systems. We recently started IV's on each other so sistametic torture is now part of the class. Our last class was all lecture on airway management BORING!!!! But now we go back and learn how to intubate and all the drugs used for the the airway or to support breathing. So I have alot on my plate. I have not had a day of just sitting around watching TV in forever. But it all has to finish and in the end it will be worth it.

Like I said in my last post My son and I ran a the Disneyland Half Marathon together with plans to run the Marine Corps Marathon next year. Although I am ggoing to put in for the New York Marathon lottery for next year so we will see what will happen. Speaking of the Marine Corps that same son has his first interview with the Marine Corps OSO in a few weeks. So his path to PLC will soon begin. Ha has been working his butt off preparing for this and is already got his full 20 pullups all set and his situps. we are now working on the run which he will have no problem maxing. I would like to say I know he will make it. I know this kid and he would make a fine Marine Officer.

So how about our President. Let me just say, and this mind you is my opinion. What self respecting sitting president goes on The daily Show? and much worse the View. Especially when there are reputable news agencies out there. he is an embarresment to this country. It just proves that his only interest is in being a movie star than a leader of our country. I really hope Americans see him for what he is and he becomes a 1 term president. Enoigh on that.

ok folks enough for now everyone be safe

im an out of here!!!!

1 comment:

Chris Abraham said...

Hi there, I couldn't find your contact info but I would like to reach out to you on behalf of Mizuno Running. Please email me at chris@social-ally.com if you're interested and I will pop you more information. Cool? Thanks.