Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV) I am a Christian a Husband, a Father, and of course a Marathon runner. What more could anyone ask?

Monday, July 5, 2010

More changes a-comin


Well i have good news and bad news. The bad first. Well I may have to cancel the Chicago Marathon. Why? you ask, well I am hoping to be in Paramedic School. It seems there is a new class coming up with Firefighter Friendly hours (That means the same class on two days so we can go on our day off) This does not happen very often so I would be crazy to give up this chance. Even if it means giving up Chicago. I will still run the Marine Corps Marathon because I have family commitments attached to that race. But to be honest that is still a bit up in the air. it all depends on how many days we can miss. That race falls on exact class day. I maybe able to work something out and only miss one day but that means returning to AZ. the day of the race and sitting in a Medic class all the next day.... I might be a bit tired. So that is it hope for the best I have wanted this for a long time....


More news as I find out until then all



be safe


me



No comments: